Sunday, August 7, 2011

Welcome to my blog!!  This is a new experience for me and I am really excited and looking forward to starting my own blog!  I have wanted to do this for quite some time because I love reading blogs and it is such a great way to record memories to look back on in the future.  To tell you a little about myself, first of all I love Jesus and I am not ashamed of that!!  Second, comes my family...I am married to Steve and he is  the most loving and devoted husband and father.  God has blessed us with two of the most beautiful and precious children, Tori and Thomas.  Tori is 18 and is starting college soon and Thomas is 4 and is starting K-4 soon!  Ha!!  That is sure going to keep life interesting and will keep Steve and I young!  I love cooking, reading, shopping and I also love home improvement projects!!  Steve and I both work 5 days a week, so on the week-ends we are usually busy doing projects, camping, or going to the lake.  I love our life and feel so blessed that God has blessed me with this life I have!  This weekend was kind of a laid back weekend.  Our friends Debbie and Charles came down for the weekend from Georgia.  They are restoring an older house that Tori named as the "pink house" when she was little.  So, whenever they come down, we usually all eat together and have some of the best food you can imagine.  This weekend was no exception!  My mom usually does the cooking, but I was in charge of the desserts.  I will say the desserts were not only pretty but they were very delicious and low calorie!  Ha!! 
                                     


This was a "Mile High Peanut Butter Pie"  it was very rich, but very good!!










The other dessert was a fruit tart...it was so pretty and tasted AMAZING, if I do say so myself!!












Today, after church we ate leftovers at my moms's (we always eat lunch with her on Sunday's and alot ot other meals, too!!).  We had a good church service, even though we had quite a few missing from the congregation.  Tonight, we are going out to eat with Steve's family...we do that pretty often on Sunday nights.  We always have so much fun seeing everyone and once again I'm sure I will eat WAY too much!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment