Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Almost There!

I am almost caught up with my blogging.  If I can just get Thomas' birthday pictures on here, I will be caught up!  Since we were camping at the lake, we decided to just go ahead and have Thomas a birthday party at the playground at the lake.  Thomas turned 5 Friday, so we had his party on Saturday.  I prayed that the rain would hold off until the party was over (there was rain from the hurricane) and it did not rain until early Sunday morning.  The wind blew and cooled things off and it was overcast, so it turned out to be a pretty good day for a party at the playgound!

AJ from Thomas' class at school came, Campbell, Cole, and Lainey and Lindsey.  It was a small party, there was a lot going on this week-end, but it was a good party.  I think all of the kids had fun just running wild and playing.


The cake was so cute!  Thomas kept telling me he wanted a Clifford and Milo birthday party.  Now, Clifford and Milo don't exactly go together, but that is what we had ...a Clifford and Milo birthday cake!  The cake not only was cute, but it was yummy too!


Thomas had to get him a taste of that icing!


Thomas got a lot of great presents!  He got new trucks, big foot trucks, wild west set, money, race car set, toys for outside, dvd's, leapster games, Wii game...and more things I'm sure I'm leaving out.  He was certainly happy!


Aunt Lynn, Uncle Greg, Tori, Dan-Dan and Pop all made it to the party too!


AJ's mom, Tana, Aunt Cindy, Bon Jean, Tim and Debbie were the rest of the adults at the party.


I thought this was a cute picture of Cole!


Notice everyone except the birthday boy is swinging....where is he???  He is so absorbed in playing with his new toys, he wouldn't even think about leaving them to go swing HA!  Like I said, it was a small party, but a good one.  We got up early Sunday morning and went home.  The weather had gotten pretty bad and the electricity went off at the campsite.  That is what got us up and going so early.  We got home in plenty of time to make it to church.  It rained pretty much all day Sunday and most of the day Monday...Labor Day.  We went to the lake and Dan-Dan and Pop cooked fish.  We stayed for a good part of the afternoon and then we came home and Cindy and Dodd grilled baby back ribs.  So...I can for sure say OINK OINK because I have eaten like a pig ALL week-end.  It was back to work today and I tried to get back on the right track.  I had tuna salad and crackers for lunch...YUM HA!!

No comments:

Post a Comment