Sunday, November 20, 2011

Our Lives Lately

Well, lets see, where do I start????  We have been soooo busy!  We are in the process of re-doing our kitchen and trying to decorate a little for Christmas.  I decided to go ahead and try to get a jump on decorating since we will be going to help Dan-Dan and Pop decorate the day after Thanksgiving.  Steve and I have been working every night and that is why I haven't blogged, I am pooped when we get finished working for the night and I go to bed and CRASH!  But, it is going to be so worth it, the kitchen already looks so much better!  We started last week-end and have really gotten a lot accomplished in a week.  We only get to work a couple of hours at night, but everything has been going really well and we are coming right along!

There is Steve getting ready to take down the cabinets over the bar.  It wasn't as bad of a job as I thought it would be.

I was a little scared that I wouldn't like having the cabinets down or that I would miss the cabinet space, but I LOVE the way it has turned out! 

This is what it looked like after we took down the microwave.  I wasn't to sure as to what we would do with the backsplash, but when Steve painted the wall, it looked so much better!  I think we will leave it alone and maybe I will try to find a pretty little picture to go in the space between the backsplash and where the hood will be.

Steve and Thomas are reading Thomas while I work on my blog and then Thomas and I are going to read Runaway Ralph.  That is the book we are reading right now and it is a chapter book, so we try to read one chapter a night.  Thomas doesn't want anyone to read that book to him except me.  We are on the 2nd book in the series.  We had our Thanksgiving lunch at church today and I ate WAY too much!  But everything was so good!  Tori is gone to Adam's tonight.  She is finished with school until after Thanksgiving and so is Adam.  They were going on a double date tonight to the Chicken Shack!  Well, this week will be a short week.  Thomas just has 2 days of school and I have 3 days of work WOOHOO!!  I guess I had better finish up here and go to bed, 5:30 a.m. will come mighty early!

No comments:

Post a Comment